Thursday, July 18, 2013

Untitled

Yes, I am seriously blogging at 12:52 am. It's crazy how during the day my thoughts are completely norm as I live my life, but at night, it's a different story. My train of thoughts travel from one topic to the next like those bullet trains in Tokyo. I want to grab my laptop or journal and write them all down but I can never seem to keep them collected. I am not mad I promise, just a typical teenager with a curious, wanderlust mind.

Moments ago, I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, seeing pictures of food, One Direction, and a few Californian Hipsters. After that, I took a questionnaire to find out what careers would suit me and it ended up asking me for my phone number which... made the test bogus. I then went on to play the game "Where's my water?" for about 20 minutes or so on my phone. Suddenly, out of the blue, I thought about a story of someone being locked in a room. Where have I heard of this story? I quickly grabbed my phone and searched the Count of Monte Cristo, thinking of when Albert and the Count went to the Carnival because I knew this story had that setting. It finally came to me, Edgar Allen Poe's The Cast of Amintillado.( I first read this story a little over a year ago)What? Why? Why is this story coming into my mind in the early hours of a new day?

I reread poe's short narrative on sparknotes to refresh my mind. It's a story of revenge. I can assure you that I am not feeling vengeance right now. Is this some sort of sign? Is Poe's spirit trying to communicate with me? I sure hope not! I have so many questions that I guess my mind can only answer later on..the human brain is capable of so many wonders..

No comments:

Post a Comment